[Cob] Cob Oven, Glazing

Ron Becker ron45 at tularosa.net
Sat Aug 5 16:01:05 CDT 2006

Has anyone used borax or another substance to harden the interior
surface. I was thinking of adding a `thru the wall' way of adding
moisture during the first ten minutes of baking and am concerened about
weakening the oven shell over time. This is why I am consitering some
sort of glazing of the interior. I would'nt use something toxic.

I also want to add a permanant temp probe [thru the wall] that will
connect to a multimeter and give me temp in C. Anyone done this? I
found a probe that will take the temps for about 15 bux I already have
a cheap multimeter that reads temp from the thermocouple.

Ron
Those who question global warming have a financial interest in the
status quo.