[Cob] battery banks

Mary Lou McFarland louiethefifth at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 16 09:12:59 CDT 2006

With the current concern over foreign energy supplies, my husband is getting
more into the concept of a home solar set up.  His brother put a wet blanket
on the idea when he said that he had been doing some research on the web and
had found that off-grid solar systems would spend about three thousand a
year on battery replacement.  That cost would more than offset any savings
from being off-grid.
  I find it hard to believe that cost annually could be realistic.  I've
only heard that initial set up could be pricey, but I have no personal
experience with set up and maintenance of a home solar unit so can't really
argue the point.  So, is there any one out there who has first hand
experience that could give me the low down on costs, especially costs per
square footage.  Thanks.