[Cob] straw chopper (fwd)

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Sun Oct 29 12:18:32 CST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 23:49:03 -0600
From: hms.mommy at juno.com
To: dealy at deatech.com
Subject: Re: [Cob] straw chopper

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:06:36 -0700 (PDT) "Shannon C. Dealy"
<dealy at deatech.com> writes:
>   Chaff cutter - I had never heard of or seen one of these before,
> but they had a hand powered one on a farm I was teaching at
> last year.  You just put the straw in the chute, turn
> the crank and the straw feeds through a circular blade.
> I tried to find a picture on the internet, this one
> isn't very good and is much larger than the one I saw:

I googled "straw cutter" and found this one:
http://www.history.rochester.edu/appleton/a/feedcutt.html .
It's not a site of items for purchasing but shows what several models
look like.  Maybe somebody here will design and market one....

Carrie