[Cob] Contact of a Portuguese archaeologist

V=?ISO-8859-1?B?7Q==?=tor Oliveira Jorge vojorge at clix.pt
Tue Nov 7 07:06:31 CST 2006

Dear members of the list,
I am a Portuguese archaeologist, teaching and researching in the University
of Porto, Portugal.
My field: prehistoric architectures (please watch webpage below).
I am studying a site - dated c. 3.000-1500 BC - where schist walls served as
a basis for earthen architecture, be it cob, or rammed earth. It is a very
complex site. I can send pictures and a plan of the exposed part of it.

Me and my team we are searching for collaborators and candidates to include
our team as people interested in this kind of problems - interaction between
archaeologists and architects, etc, not around prestige stone ruins, but on
earthen architecture.
Me and Arch. Mariana Correia we have recently (last week) edited a book on
the theme. Part of it is in Portuguese, part in Spanish, but it has some
abstracts in English.
Thank you very much for the help.
Yours sincerely
Vitor O. Jorge

VĂ­tor Oliveira Jorge
Prof. Univ. Porto; investigador do CEAUCP
http://www.architectures.home.sapo.pt
http://configuracoes.planetaclix.pt
http://www.uc.pt/iauc/cea/membros/vjorge.html