[Cob] Help desperately needed with building plans

Olivia Day muddymummy at mac.com
Tue Jan 16 23:42:55 CST 2007

Hi there,
I am in the Gulf Islands and am planning to build a cob house. I have done a sketch of what I would like the house to be, floor plans and exterior but I am clueless as to how to turn this into something the building inspector will find acceptable. I have been given a stop work order on my property and the building inspector is pretty mad at me. I built a cabin without a permit, I know, I know, but where were I and my two small children supposed to live? I couldn't afford to build a cabin to code.
Anyway, hopefully I will manage to sell a piece of property in Nova Scotia (anyone want 69 acres on the Bay of Fundy for $45,000CDN?!!) which will help to fund my house.

The building inspector wants full plans, including a 3d depiction of the foundation and all electrics and plumbing (they are not fans of my composting loo!).

Can anyone help or have any ideas, I have until the 23rd of Feb to submit my permit application or they are coming with the bulldozers to kill my cabin.

Yours hopefully,
Olly