[Cob] oiling cob

hms.mommy at juno.com hms.mommy at juno.com
Sun Feb 4 18:55:53 CST 2007

Do any of you cobbers know how to work with oil and cob?  I have a little
model I made to experiement on, and have been brushing it with plain old
vegetable oil (just because it's available) and it seems like no matter
how much I put on, more will go on.  Is there ever a point at which it
will stop soaking in?  Then I tried pouring melted wax on it, but the wax
didn't soak in at all, and when it cooled, it came right off.  What am I
missing?

Thanks.

Carrie
http://www.producerrevolution.com/philosophy/
T h e    r e v o l u t i o n    h a s     b e g u n.