[Cob] Reed Collection Crew ! Volunteers needed.

ecoartdb at aol.com ecoartdb at aol.com
Mon Feb 5 15:30:42 CST 2007

Dear Mud Lovers,

There is a NEW 2007 Natural Building and Natural Arts Calendar posted at www.strawbale.pbwiki.com.
Two of the events
~ REED COLLECTION & SCULPTING SACRED SPACE Women's Retreat ~
                                                                                                      are listed below.
I hope you can participate or pass the word to others!

Reed Collection:  Volunteers are needed now on the “Reed Collecting Crew”!     Bring yourself. Bring friends!
 A great opportunity to help & learn! Full details at  www.strawbale.pbwiki.com . Then click on "Calendar".  We will be harvesting at different sites in S.E. Michigan in February thru early March. We train you and provide the tools.
*  The dates include Feb 6, 7, 12,13, 15,16,17,18, 21, (22), 23,  24,25,26,27,28, March 1,2,3.
*  The reed will be used to thatch the Kid’s Cottage (www.glgi) at the Kensington Metropark Farm in the spring.
* Feb 6 collection is at Harsons’ Island, & Feb 7 A park on Lake Erie.  Other sites:Belle Isle, Macomb Co, Monroe,MI
* Also mark your calendars for thatching (weekdays & weekend dates) this April at Kensington www.rriearth.org .

Sculpting Sacred Space, a Women's Weekend Retreat.
March 9, 2007 7pm - Sunday, March 11, 4 pm.

Come together for a time of renewal and deepening as you learn earthen sculpting skills that can be used to shape your own surroundings. Join in a collaborative project and also take home a model that you create. Discounts available for early registration. See the Calendar at www.strawbale.pbwiki.com for details. Includes food, overnight accomodations, slideshow, all materials & handouts.

Warmly,
Deanne Bednar

"Reverence for the mystery of being...gratitude for the gift of life...
and humility for our human place in nature and the whole."
~from the Earth Charter

248 628 1887, PO Box 733, Oxford, MI 48371 ecoartdb at aol.com
Calendar www.strawbale.pbwiki  & Information  www.freewebs.com/strawbalestudio
Case study by the State of Michigan Energy Office: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/CIS_EO_Straw_Bale_Case_Study_101340_7.pdf