[Cob] Thermal mass

phil philhawnnc at excite.com
Mon Feb 12 22:01:32 CST 2007

http://www.greenhouse.gov.au/yourhome/technical/fs17.htm

http://www.ornl.gov/sci/roofs+walls/whole_wall/mass.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_mass

These links may help. One of the things I'm doing in school right now is quantifying and comparing the properties of different building materials so I am constantly trying to find good sources of info. The links above were the first three sites that came up on Google when I typed in "thermal mass properties."

Phil Hawn - Student

Non-Residential SENS House Director

Natural Building Instructor

Berea College  http://www.berea.edu/sens

*******On Mon 02/12, paul < dotpaul at paulleblanc.net > wrote:

Can anybody post a table that compares the thermal mass potential of cob versus concrete and other materials?

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com