[Cob] Looking for volunteer opportunities

Elizabeth Evans vesperlight at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:41:06 CDT 2007

Hi! I've been a member of this list before, but I've been inactive for a
while and just re-subscribed.

I will be available for several days--including at least one block of 3
or 4 weekdays--to do volunteer work, between today and July 10. I need
work that will meet my employer's requirements for community service
days: 1) it must be for a non-profit organization or a government
agency; 2) it must be within Washington state; and 3) it must not
involve political activity (lobbying, protests, working for a candidate,
etc.) or religious activity (evangelizing, proselytizing). Although I
know it can make an important contribution, I'm not very interested in
doing any kind office work (I've done plenty in the past).

I would love to work on a cob or green building project. I'm located in
the SW corner of the state. A cob oven or bench or small building in a
park, school grounds, or in a public place (sponsored by a city or
non-profit). I have no experience, quite a bit of "book-learning" and a
lot of enthusiasm. I might also be able to recruit a few other people.

Please contact me off-list if you know of any opportunities. Thank you.

Elizabeth