[Cob] Permits - N O T here

Ray Cirino cobanation at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 16:54:50 CDT 2007

 Dear Cobbers,
  This past weekend I saw something from back in the 60's. I can't tell you the city or they'll get in trouble. I witnessed 26 people living in a house and about 10 outside in make shift tents out of 10 ml black plastic sheets. The have two bathrooms in the home and the bedrooms are all bunked. These are young college students that want to live here and are willing to pay $600 for their tiny space. It's so weird to see wires on the ground with computers under these tarp cubicles. The landlord rents the house and makes almost $16,000 a month. He's very strick about cleaning up. Imagine if you had a few cob guest rooms in your back yard and rented them out. If any of you have a great place to live, I'd get on this idea. All you do to get people is put an add in the community paper.
  I think these young kids are in a virtual world they can't get out of and are willing to do this because they can't afford anything else. This will be the future in cities and our society has no blueprint for the future. Natural builders can make big money and teach permaculture at the same time. Times are going to get better for us, and as others, get worst.
  Sincerely,
  Ray