[Cob] networking (sly at riseup.net)

Damon Howell dhowell at pickensprogress.com
Tue Jun 5 15:57:25 CDT 2007

Sarah,
	I'm not in the BC area, but I have personally found just the
opposite that you have: even with writing articles in the local
paper, folks seem to be interested but don't have time for
volunteering. It may be they don't want to help in something illegal?
Or the small town "barn raising" attitude is long gone from our
culture? Anyway, I keep working on my building ALONE! But getting
unpaid helpers is pretty much impossible here. I work all week and
can only have local weekenders which rules out holding a workshop for
me. All my "friends" were gung hoe about cob until I actually started
working, now I'm lucky if they call me once a month.

Damon Howell
North Georgia, US