[Cob] Natural Building Colloquium East, Bath NY

Mark Piepkorn duckchow at potkettleblack.com
Sat Jun 30 14:51:37 CDT 2007

Yikes - I got an email yesterday reminding me
that the Natural Building Colloquium East is only
a month away. And the discount registration rate
cutoff is pretty much here right now.

The event's webpage, including the presenter list, has been updated - see
http://www.peaceweavers.com/bws/
I'm still stoked about Jim Merkel being there
(scuttlebutt is that he can only be there for the
first couple days, so plan accordingly)... and
along with some others, Frank Meyer has been added! Much too cool.

It also seems that musician Kathy Moser, who
comes every year, has set up a sponsorship
program to help deserving teens without means to
attend. I hear that a couple kids from the
Rosebud reservation might be able to learn about
materials and techniques that they can bring back
to their communities because of her. That's the
kind of spirit behind this thing... that's why I
keep going back. Kathy's site has some more info
about the sponsorship program, and what moves her about natural building.
http://www.kathymoser.com/
The Peaceweavers can accept tax-deductible
donations if anyone else wants to get in on this kind of help.

The latest email from the Peaceweavers said:

"Concerned about how your lifestyle impacts our
Earth? The Colloquium, an annual event hosted by
the PeaceWeavers, focuses on low-impact,
high-quality green solutions that meet the
highest levels of comfort, health, and safety. It
brings together a diverse community of people to
share information and forge unity among people
who desire a more wholesome and sustainable built environment."

"The community setting provides a unique format
for participants to live and work alongside the
experts and to gain new skills through direct
experience. Workshops and presentations include
topics such as strawbale, cob, and cordwood
construction, earthen plasters, living roofs,
renewable energy, permaculture, composting
toilets, alternative fuels, and sourcing food locally."