[Cob] purpose of straw

Stacey painterjane23 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 15:54:42 CDT 2007

Outside of tensile strength, straw is also very useful
to add insulation to cob walls.

If you are trying for natural conditioning (passive
solar) design, this is especially important for north
facing walls.  In fact, to build the entire north wall
out of straw bales is not a bad idea.  But then again,
in Georgia, you might not need that so much:!