[Cob] purpose of straw in cob

Damon Howell dhowell at pickensprogress.com
Mon Jul 16 15:58:32 CDT 2007

Hey Ocean,
	I've been researching natural building for about 2 years now. I've
read and read and read everything I can find on the subject. I have
taken a workshop and have a friend who has "winged it" and gotten
satisfactory results. I know they say straw is used as tensile in the
mix, if you haven't heard that, it's surprising you think cob works.
It's like that pyramid thing someone put on the list not long ago.
Now scientists know they mixed the blocks, but it's still guesswork
as to how the blocks got into position. My point is we do a lot of
assuming and then call it facts.

Damon Howell
N. GA