[Cob] Pond-RootCellar - A low impact impact home

Joseph Puentes makas at nc.rr.com
Thu Jul 19 16:21:42 CDT 2007

Wow this looks great. I'm thinking of using cob on my Pond. . .well it was going to be a pond and since then I've kind of decided to use the hole as a root cellar. So now I'm thinking to put a roof on this hole and then cob up the dirt walls. I was thinking that "somehow" I could lay some boards to cover the hole and then put a layer of straw bales on these boards and then the final roof over the top of the straw bales. I could then cob the underside of the bales and and a fully finished root cellar.

Am I pie in the sky dreaming here? Anyone have any thoughts? Want to see some pictures of the hole in the ground?

joseph

Joseph Puentes
http://H2Opodcast.com (Environment Podcast)
http://H2Opodcast.blogspot.com/ (Blog for above)