[Cob] curved concrete!

Ocean Liff-Anderson ocean at woodfiredeatery.com
Thu Jul 19 18:50:21 CDT 2007

boy, have we ever...

here's what we did at the restaurant, with pics of how we did it!

1.  built a frame of masonite, well supported with  2x4 bracing and
stakes every foot or so
( http://www.woodfiredeatery.com/images/artisticconcrete1.jpg )

2.  kiko then applied a mud-plaster bas relief form on the inside
( http://www.woodfiredeatery.com/images/artisticconcrete2.jpg )

3. which made for a beautiful surface once concrete was stained with
ferrous sulphate
( http://www.woodfiredeatery.com/images/artisticconcrete3.jpg )

as kiko said to me:  "there's enough ugly concrete in the world - if
you're going to use concrete, at least make it beautiful!"

ocean
http://www.woodfiredeatery.com
http://www.peacemaking.org