[Cob] [Article] Homesteading: authority vs. sustainability

Yun Que yunk88 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 28 17:14:31 CDT 2007

   Cat here!
   The solution to this could have been to build a two story house with
   the animals on the first floor level the people in the loft something
   like what has been done in Spain for years.  Jefferson also has a
   house like this.
    Then the potty drops waste down into a small stall below and is
   cleaned along with the horse or goat or whatever one has housed in the
   barn.
   One cleans the stalls each day anyway.
     Being vegetarian also helps to lighten the toxic load of the
   manure.
   Out of site out of mind.  What the neighbors don't see they won't
   complain about.  They will always assume that you live like they do.

   Iris or cattail leach fields are a beautiful way to detoxify the waste
   water and the iris can be sold as a cash crop, cattails could be
   thatch for out buildings.  Cattails are also edible at a certain time
   of year.  Don't ask never ate any...but I have read that the fluff can
   be used for pillows.

   discretion is going to become more and more important as times get
   strange.  the less your neighbors know about what you do and the more
   they think you are like them the safer you will be.

   for the good of all C.