[Cob] curved concrete!

Ocean Liff-Anderson ocean at woodfiredeatery.com
Sat Jul 21 15:55:44 CDT 2007

masonite is the weakest form of building material out there, this
side of cardboard - but on the "green" side, it is made of recycled
wood "flour"

if your curve isn't too tight, you might try 1/4 plywood, this might
last through a few pours.

oh, a word of caution.  i assume you'll be using some rebar in the
footing.  be very careful while bending curved rebar.  when i was
working on the kiva one guy grabbed one end of an 8' rod and torqued
it while it was being held in the middle by another guy.  get the
picture?  the loose end whipped up and smacked the side of my head -
caused "only" 3 stitches!  but the rebar hit me 1" from my left eye,
so i'm lucky to have vision in both eyes right now!

good luck,
ocean