[Cob] Gravel Bag Foundations

Peters Michael briathel139 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 12:50:15 CDT 2007

Hello Everyone,

  I am trying to find information on the use of gravel-filled bags as foundations for cob/earthbag/strawbale walls. I have searched the archives, and found plenty on the use of gravel in various applications, but not as wall foundations/stemwalls. There's almost nothing that I could find on the internet, and all of the books I have looked at have said that it is an "exciting, but experimental technique whose long-term durability has not been proven."

  Has anyone on this list had experience with this type of foundation, or know more than what I have already found out? Thanks.

  Michael Peters
  New Braunfels, TX