[Cob] cobbing pics

fran fran2000a1 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 09:41:48 CDT 2007

--- Georgie Donais <georgie at busygirl.ca> wrote:

> Fran,
Georgie,
I did make some bricks, as the first mix was too clay rich
and cracked.  The next mixes contained more sand and are
not cracking.  The second brick was out of that mix and set
up extremely hard with little shrinkage.  It is very strong
I don't think I could break it easily without a pick.  The
red color is because the mix is still wet I think and
reflects the red clay.  In our area clay is very red, even
mixed with the sand retains the color.  My proportions
turned out to be 7 shovels of sand and 4 shovels of clay
soil.

http://tv.yahoo.com/