[Cob] roof suggestions wanted

Shody Ryon qi4u at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 17:25:37 CDT 2007

Hi,
I would use corrugated metal, although it is not
confortable to hang out on. Playwood scraps could be
layed down to stand on, however if the wind blew them
off they could be dangerous. perhaps if scraps were
all nailed or screwed together and a rope web were
tied over it so it wouldn't blow out or off. Metal
could be used to collect rain water because they say
not many chemicals are not imparted to the water. The
"best" for rain water are glass, glazed tile or enamel
coated metal, as long they are food grade and without
lead.

Or single layer roofing, which was just installed on a
coffee shop, the closest one to I5 on 199 in grants
pass oregon. it is blue and looks like vinyl roof on a
car. I wonder if it is EPDM rubber which is being used
a lot and should be high quality and priced well, not
too expensive.
Cheers
Shody