[Cob] JANUS' TRENCH

Mary Lou McFarland louiethefifth at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 7 08:35:54 CDT 2007

Janus,  I have a question for you.  If the soil around your trench is so sandy is there any danger of the sand flowing around your larger rocks?  If there is then I think that the trench may not be stable unless you fill in around yourlarger rock with something like smaller gravel.  I would be concerned that the trench wouldn't maintain its strength without filling in with the smaller rock.  Though I have no experience with sandy soil.  Where I live most of the ground is different types of clay.    Mary Lou