[Cob] Hobit housesod roof framing

Wilderness Voice thewildernessvoice at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 13:39:44 CDT 2007

Over a month ago, someone posted a link to a hobbit cobb house,
It looked like it used thick branches to frame the sod roof and looked awesome.
I lost the link when my computer died, I think the house is in Canada.
Anyway, do you know of a way to build a sod roof that uses branches? so that when you look at your roof it looks like a spiders web of branches

We are very taken with the idea of a cob hobbit house, we may use concrete block for the exterior wall ala Rob Roy, because we have a wonderful spot for an underground room, but will be cobb inside, cobb floors, cobb benches.

Anyway if you have any idea how that  sod roof is built that is my biggest interest and as far as the Seattle cob group goes is we just started to get it organized and my computer failed and after that happened, my cell phone modem failed and so had to put it on hold, I have saved everyones names and so likely in January will get it going, we are in process of moving to property.

http://sims.yahoo.com/