[Cob] Arches

Shody Ryon qi4u at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 19:31:29 CST 2007

--- Michael New <zozomike at gmail.com> wrote:

> Cob arches work fine, several examples on the net,
> No big difference
> in cob and adobe, except centering would be required
> for long periods,
> and engineering analysis would be required due to
> very low compressive
> strength compared to stone.
Hi Michael,
I agree about the difference between cob and adobe but
I think super adobe is different due to 6% portland
cement which hardens by hydration as opposed to cob
and adobe by evaporation. I assume cob is usually
slightly acidic depending on the site and cement
alkaline.

By the way, what is centering?

Cheers,
Rudiger