[Cob] please help my poor cob oven!!

phil philhawnnc at excite.com
Fri Dec 28 13:41:33 CST 2007

My experience with my first oven taught me to never tarp the oven directly, but instead make sure the tarp does not come into contact with the oven surface. Where we lived in NW North Carolina if the oven or air were damp then the oven would not dry out and you would then run the risk of ruining the surface, especially if the temperature dips toward freezing. A simple lean-to solves the problem until something more lasting can be built.

Phil