[Cob] Finish Coat Help Needed

Stephen Karrington sales at diamondcard.us
Tue Mar 11 14:34:47 CDT 2008

Hello,

I have a bar area that has a finish coat that is too
oily/greasy/waxy. Basically, it is never going to dry :( Its been like
that for months and no change at all in getting dry over time.
Not only is the surface greasy, but its very soft too. Anything can
dent it or gouge it. It looks like soft clay mixed with color and no
glue was used to do this. As well as oil and wax on top.

What can I do about this? Scrape it off and do another finish coat? Or can I just rub it a bit to get some
consistent looking surface then seal it with something that will
actually dry on top?

I am hoping for a suggestion of something to finish and seal it and
finally get it finished and usable. Its currently a red color.

Another area I have is a seating area. The seating part we redid and refinished
with a blend of sand, color and local non-toxic rubber. This went on
and dried and looks fine and can be sat on. All good.

The sides of this seating area were not done properly either. This is
the part where your back would lean against when sitting in it.

The problem with this part is the color comes right off when
touched! If you put your hands on the surface and pull them off your hands
become blue :) hehe. Any suggestions on what to do about this? Its
smooth, dry and very dusty. I don't think anything put on top of it
will stick to it. That's what I'm worried about.

It would a massive job to try and remove this dry dusty surface because
there is nothing to actually grab onto to pull it off. We would have
to chisel it out somehow to remove the top dusty finish part.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do about this?

Thanks.

Stephen