[Cob] Building materials

Damon Howell dhowell at pickensprogress.com
Tue May 13 10:14:23 CDT 2008

As Kristi points out, it's ridiculous, guys, to bicker about such
things as where to get building materials. Step back and listen to
yourselves. Sounds just like your trying to control a market, which
is what cobbers used to be against. Keeping your mind open to all
possibilities becomes harder when you feel other people are trying to
out do you. But look at the big picture here, we're not creating an
enterprise to make money, we're learning build more responsibly.
Ecological building is about being modest, and not wreaking havoc on
the eco-system. Think about if we had to use pure clay with no
impurities. Most of us would be doomed because pure clay is hard to
come by in nature. But if we keep putting restrictions on each other,
we'll find we haven't progressed at all. Just stop telling other
people what to do! That's exactly what we're all trying to get away
from.

Damon

"Wow, I never dreamed our little art guild bench and mini house would
cause such a stir!...let's not be so exclusive that we end up
creating more destruction..." - From: Kristi Shapla
<kristishapla at yahoo.com>