[Cob] can't make cob test samples in Thailand?

Ocean Liff-Anderson ocean at woodfiredeatery.com
Sat May 17 19:41:36 CDT 2008

Come on now, I'm not claiming any Western technological superiority
here!

There is nothing in Thailand to prevent you from making a test brick
of cob (12"x2"x6") or a test swatch of plaster/floor material (12"
square)...this is a low tech process, no different than building the
counter which is now causing you so much trouble. Just let the test
samples dry, see if there is any cracking, shrinkage, how strong they
are - does the material dent to the touch?  Then, before building the
counter and before treating it for water-resistance, test the samples
with any oil/beeswax/finish products you want to use on your final
structure...this will save you a lot of heartache and hardship...

If you want to contact Kiko, you can find a contact for on his
website:  http://www.handprintpress.com

You can also see examples of his earthen plaster art pieces on our
website at http://www.fireworksvenue.com - click Maya's Home Page,
then click the link to Kiko Denzer...

Cobbing always,
Ocean Liff-Anderson