[Cob] Cob oven questions

Tim Reese TReese at threeriversparkdistrict.org
Wed Jun 18 16:22:45 CDT 2008

I am leading a earthen oven building process at a park near Mpls. We
built the first layer over the sand form last night and in one week
we'll be adding the insulation and structural layers.  If anybody has
suggestions/answers to the following questions, I'd appreciate advice!

Should I remove the sand form before adding on the insulative layer?
Should I light a drying fire before adding on the insulation layer?
Can I put on the structural cob on immediately after doing the
insulation layer?

thanks,

Tim Reese
Gale Woods Farm Supervisor