[Cob] plastering

phil philhawnnc at excite.com
Wed Aug 13 20:15:42 CDT 2008

The cob can be damp but needs to be firm before beginning another lift.

The light clay will need to dry out completely before plastering, which will depend on the thickness and the climate. It will sprout and then the sprouts will die. Plaster then.
 It is possible to plaster cob before it completely dries but you may have issues with cracking as the cob looses moisture.

Phil