[Cob] Easier mixing techniques to keep people loving cob

Ray Cirino cobanation at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 12:11:45 CST 2009

Dear All,
The thing that people don't like so much and keeps cob from growing faster is the mixing techniques. When I learned how to do it, I was turned off, because my hands,and feet were bleeding ever time I mixed. It was from the sharp gravel and straw. My back, neck, arms, and body was hurting. I had to figure out a way to solve these issues. Living in LA I do junk yard tours where I find everything to build rocket stoves to mixing tarps that are way more sustainable. Using permaculture design I was able to clean up the cob mixing problems once and for all. How much time do we spend cleaning our hands and feet?
We need more people to come together on the weekend and play with the earth, not to work and be worn out. Here's a sample of how I see we all could take it to the next level.

http://people.tribe.net/raycirino/photos

Now let's have more fun,
Ray