[Cob] Again, a call for information

Georgie Donais georgie at busygirl.ca
Thu Feb 5 19:01:30 CST 2009

Janet,

The cob building/composting toilet project I started in Dufferin Grove Park,
Toronto, had (has) an earthbag foundation, but the engineer and architect
wouldn't stamp it until they designed a metal infrastructure to support the
roof, making the earthbag and cob "infill". I refused to build their design
so, although we have stamped plans and a building permit, that project is
not going ahead in its current form. So not much help there, I'm afraid.

However, Chris Magwood has had several buildings with earthbag foundations
(I believe they were SFPFs) permitted, as part of the Fleming College
Sustainable Building and Construction:  *http://tinyurl.com/c25zxf*

Georgie
www.cobinthepark.ca