[Cob] Easier mixing techniques to keep people loving cob

Shannon Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Sun Feb 8 04:42:43 CST 2009

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009, drub wrote:

> Hiya Shannon
>
> Good to hear from you!
>
> Shannon or Howard ...  Have any good references for how animals were
> used?  Was an implement used?  Some mechanics?  Or, did the animals
> simply walk thru it?

Hi David,

My recollection is of the "turn style" approach previously mentioned,
large animals (cattle, horses, ox, etc.) simply going in circles, treading
what was essentially a mud pit with water and straw added as needed.  As
my arms can't reach the 8000 miles to my reference library :-) the best I
can do is "my recollection".  Yes, coblist kahuna has gone walkabout
again.

Phone: (800) 467-5820 |          - Natural Building Instruction -