[Cob] Large Gravel-Filled EarthBag Foundations - Off Topic and More!

Monica Proulx mon.pro at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 02:45:22 CST 2009

My opinion, as a cob novice who knows little but likes to read and learn, is
it seems that so long as cob houses must be built on a foundation of some
kind, it would seem hasty to declare gravel filled bag foundations off
topic.  With natural building getting so hybridized - bale cob, light clay
straw infill, cob plaster over bales etc. being mixed in one building - I
prefer not to see a narrow definition of what is "cob".  This is just my
opinion, maybe others feel differently.   On the other hand, people asking
to be removed from the list, folks sniping back and forth at each other (as
happened not too long ago) - these things seem "off topic" to me.