[Cob] cob- peanuts in floors- paracrete

Charmaine Taylor dirtcheapbuilderbooks at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 14:37:26 CST 2009

I often regret taking the time to provide answers to questions on this list.
 there really is a 'Jump up in your face' reaction to many people's  emails.
 for this reason I know people leave this list to find a place they can ask
a  question without   holier than thou responses.
 The moderator keeps the non cob stuff off the list.. but an occasional
question asking about materials use is now getting trashed.. I give up using
my time here

 Tyn asked about peanuts used in a buried  foundation base.
 foam peanuts in clay or dirt for a sub floor I think, as insulation. I
mentioned using Gaia foam in my clay floor base..
when I mention a similar idea-as an example of what haas been DONE  I am
sure to be slammed  by  purists and "just guessing" people   ready to  point
 all the problems with someone else's ideas and designs.

 EPS DUST when coated with cement may never burn.. I know the reason this
 man ( Tapasananda) created the mix for his  religious community  was to
save them from fires burning the houses down from the local forest..

anyone stupid enough to stand around in any fire - even in COB, will die
from the smoke of other burning materials...  smoke inhalation is the
killer--  FROM fabric,   paper,   wood.  furniture, foutons, grass matts, .
  it's   not  the evil off gassing that gets tossed out.

--
Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com   www. papercrete.com