[Cob] Cob Washington, DC area

Henry Raduazo raduazo at cox.net
Tue Feb 24 20:42:53 CST 2009

	I was wondering if anyone is interested in a small cob workshops in
April comparing machine mixed cob to cinderblocks? I would like to
compare relative speed and cost for wall construction. We will be
using a lawn mower to chop straw into short mixable pieces and using
a rototiller to mine and mix clay with sand, straw and water. The cob
will then be picked up with a dirt fork and moved to a block
foundation on wheelbarrows.
	Participants in this study will get a two hour lecture on cob, a
copy of The Hand Sculpted House and lunch in exchange for 6 to 8
hours of hard work and some practical experience in wall building.
	The workshops will take place at my house one mile from the Mount
Vernon Estate.

Contact,
Ed Raduazo

raduazo at cox.net