[Cob] fleas/ticks in sand (Udit)

Udit youdit at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 16:52:03 CDT 2009

Sorry. To clarify,  I'm referring to regular ole' fleas and ticks in the
sand, some of the locals I talked to referred to them both as 'sand ticks'
and 'sand fleas' though I know they're not the little crustaceans also
referred to as 'sand fleas'.

In my part of the Ozarks, there are a ton of ticks everywhere. (I've already
pulled one off of me this year.)  Deer ticks, dog ticks, all kinds of seed
ticks etc, are readily found in the sand I'm told. It's not that I
particularly have an aversion to insects, but I am concerned with the
prospect of cobbing with ticks and fleas. My son also has a severe reaction
to flea bites, which makes this more important.

I'm not concerned about if they got cobbed into the walls. I just don't want
us to get tore up while we're working with the mixing.

I had thought of boiling water but not heat in general. Of course!
There are a lot of people that use those farm-type flamethrowers around here
for their fields and ditches. I might just see if I can't get my hands on
one to cook the sand a little bit. I think that may be what I do.

Thanks everyone for your replies and happy cobbing!

udit