[Cob] bottles in walls

Dean Sherwin costman at verizon.net
Thu Mar 19 09:38:45 CDT 2009

Susan, thanks for the pics, great job.  The bottle "feature looks
like a good way to go.  I notice this is an adobe house not cob.  A
more flexible and universal system - suited to a wider range of soils
- but not so sculptural.  the plastered finish makes it look pretty "cobby"

At 03:00 PM 3/18/2009, you wrote:

>Here is the link to the Picasa Web album for you to look at.This is
>my first cob house that I built as an experiment to see how the
>local materials held up.  It will have a living roof and has
>survived without a single problem throughout a harsh Bulgarian
>winter.  Soon the Spring will be here and we can finish it.

Dean Sherwin CPE
Certified Professional Estimator
LEED Accredited Professional
CONSTRUCTION COST MANAGEMENT