[Cob] Thermal attic/PET offgassing?

Barbara Roemer roemiller4 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 20:01:14 CDT 2009

I am not an alarmist, but I wonder about Laren's PET bottles.  Will they
still offgas?  What might be the long term deleterious effect of the
material on house air quality (yep, I know they're in their own insulated
envelope)?  I didn't think about it at all until yesterday when on the straw
bale list, someone called attention to a recent article linking autism to
vinyl flooring.  Published maybe in Nature or at any rate, a respected
journal.  I haven't seen the article, and I know there are lots of alarms
about autism, most of which prove to be misplaced.  Nonetheless, if anyone
has any thoughts about the potential toxicity of PET bottles, I'd like to
hear them.  Thanks.

Barbara