[Cob] Curious about the clay

Dulane silkworm at spiderhollow.com
Thu May 7 14:09:55 CDT 2009

I bought a semi-load of clay from the local gravel yard for $143. (I did
have to really convince them that I knew what I wanted.) I have used it for
almost my whole project, and given a third of it away. I wish there was a
consistently easy place to find clay, but it does make you study your local
resources. Sometimes you can check your county road crews for places where
they are working on road improvements. You just have to have your truck
handy.

I see clay all over now that I don't need it. My soil where I was building
was deep loamy soil...no clay there.
Dulane