[Cob] Lorena stoves-

Charmaine Taylor dirtcheapbuilderbooks at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 16:08:09 CDT 2009

Hi Ramona- I have a copy of Iantos original Lorena stove book.   basically a
 flat topped  long clay 'box' with holes on top  wher the pot fits tightly,
a fire is started inside the box, there is an escape flue, and heat hits the
bottom of all the pots in place, like a frying pan, a deep kettle with soup,
one with water, and a covered heavy pot that cooks fast.  usually 4 holes,
and all are kept full with the pots. a fire can be started only under one,
or more as needed.
BUT they smoke no matter how tight the fit is,   the problem is they smoke
around the pot edges, and outside your home that may not be an issue, but
you still need a roof over it  for rain.

email me off list and I can tell you more, search for a used copy online.
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com/burostco.html

also consider an outdoor kitchen with a little metal rocket stove cooker for
fast hot water, frying eggs, making rice, stir fry, etc.  uses just the
paper twists and small sticks.  Inventor  barbara Kerr uses hers every
morning to make coffee, make eggs.  a cob oven or  big rocket stove is good
for the longer term heating of food.

also search the many great files at www.solarcooking.org  and the
www.repp.org   list has a  stoves and heat site list for resources

http://www.repp.org/discussiongroups/index.html

also-  http://www.bioenergylists.org/  << lots of stove info

I visited a woman who built a light straw clay home, with an outdoor
kitchen., she had a rough platform deck, and wrapped old windows around 3
sides, set up a cook table with a small propane tank, and a burner, plus a
firepit, etc.

she did all her cooking there, and only used the home for sleeping and
working. A summer kitchen can be a delight all year around if you can  have
a door or other tarp to protect in rains and winter.

--
Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
Toll Free Order: 1-888-441-1632