[Cob] plaster over plywood & lathe

Tys Sniffen tys at ideamountain.com
Sun Jun 7 20:35:54 CDT 2009

I'm doing some internet reading, but I thought I'd ask here too:

I've got some parts of my cob house that will be NOT cob; I intend to put
plywood on either side of insulation, and use an interior plaster on the
inside, and the exterior plaster (same as goes on the cob) on the outside.

Two questions:

Think I need a vapor barrier (sheet of plastic) INSIDE the wall to somehow
stop vapor from traveling through/into the wall? (since other cob parts of
the house will be 'breathing')

And,

Do you think I need some sort of tar paper or some other protection for the
plywood underneath whatever sort of lathe I use? (I'm still up in the air
about metal lathe vs chicken wire vs burlap)

Tys

Choose your own provider with no waiting periods with Spirit Dental and
Vision Insurance at

www.spiritdental.com