[Cob] I was there

Laura Guldin ulanigold at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 24 11:03:21 CDT 2009

Hi Barbara and everyone else,
I was really hoping that this wouldn't go into a prolonged discussion
as they wear the list down.
So, to clarify.
I came early to the site and was there when Becky arrived.
I was thrown off the site soon after for not "obeying" and voicing my ideas.
I left shocked, and wished Becky luck. The owner had raged at Becky for having gotten the floor of the site wet. We wet down the old cob to make it ready for new cob.
She told Becky not to use the hose to make cob and not to make cob in the house where it was shaded. She ripped down cob, gave contrary orders etc.
I didn't want to get "petty". It all sounds like small stuff but all in all, it was a very difficult situation to work in.
Ishie had decided to use sand instead of gravel for her base floor.
Used cement blocks for her foundation etc. All against Becky's advise.
So Becky didn't want any responsiblity for the soundness of the house.

I hope this ends the discussion and if anymore is needed, I will ask Becky to speak for herself .
It's a situation I would like to put behind me. I have been to various sites over the years and understand that this is a serious statement and is meant to be.

Laura