[Cob] cold box in cob wall question

Tys Sniffen tys at ideamountain.com
Mon Jun 29 15:19:43 CDT 2009

I'm about mid-kitchen-wall right now with my cob, and I've always been
planning a cold box (a pass through opening  on cool side of house with air
flow on the outside and a door on the inside to use as a cooler) but now I'm
wondering about specifics of design, and actual usage.

Anyone on this list have one they use? Does it work well? Would you suggest
I make one? Also, I've seen different designs, and am wondering about which
might work best, or be most stable.  I've seen screened over openings as
wide and high as the entire box, and I've imagined (maybe saw somewhere?)
something with just openings at the top and bottom for air circulation. I've
also thought about a narrow slight going the entire height (like an old
fashion arrow slot in a castle).

Thoughts?

Tys

Choose your own provider with no waiting periods with Spirit Dental and
Vision Insurance at

www.spiritdental.com