[Cob] too much clay

Dulane silkworm at spiderhollow.com
Tue Jul 21 14:30:16 CDT 2009

Until they are dry. Only a few days in high heat. You might want to but them
in a warm place that doesn't get direct sun, like under a picnic table or
other protected but sunny place. Add some sand to another test batch to see
if it dries hard with minimal shrinkage and few cracks. Higher clay will
typically get cracks while drying, and shrink more overall.

Do you use the crunch test? A handful of good cob will crunch when squeezed.