[Cob] foundations for sandy soil

livin_and_learnin at yahoo.com livin_and_learnin at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 11 14:27:50 CST 2009

You might do some research on the type foundations that are used in marshy ground.  They are wider than for rock bases, and they float, so to speak, not needing a hard base.  Also, pier foundations with attached rubble and 8-inch deep, concrete bond beam.  I haunted the library when I was designing my cob home many years ago.  I have forgotten most of it after I decided what our site needed.  I also agree with Damon in USA  about finding out what others in your area use.  What works, works; and what doesn't will surely show, if it's been around long enough.

B.M. in Oklahoma

Message: 1