[Cob] plastic jugs in walls?

Dulane silkworm at spiderhollow.com
Sat Dec 12 13:53:44 CST 2009

I don't know how I feel about gallon jugs in cob walls, but I think that
half gallon size jugs and smaller should be fine in a thick wall. But
regarding a 'void', why wouldn't you fill the bottles almost full of water?
Hopefully they wouldn't ever be able to freeze, but leaving an air space
should allow for that.

I used a lot of fist size pieces of concrete and mortar and other
construction debris in my house.

I suspect that colored bottles and cob wood might mess with structural
integrity too, but why take the fun out of everything? Sure, I'm gonna bitch
after the earthquake, but I'll be preaching to the choir.

Dulane