[Cob] Haiti COB

Rob Hayes editable7 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 18 16:27:41 CST 2010

Damon,
Since there are many folks with a mission to deliver medical supplies and perform some of the building and reconstruction efforts in Haiti lately, it's a good chance to use some of those shipping containers which will end up there.
I was thinking of how two of those containers could be the support for a larger Nez-style acrylic concrete roof.
https://ceaemgmt.colorado.edu/mc-edc/pdf/Acrylic%20Concrete%20Roofs.pdf
http://ceae.colorado.edu/mc-edc/?ii=AST%20Research%20:%20Acrylic%20Roofs
Does anyone here have some IMAGES of such a structure or some PUBLIC DOMAIN working drawings?  Please send links.
One container full of supplies leaves here in PA for Miami soon and it's enroute to Gonaive, Haiti.  I think that some EWB folks are there already.  Parlez-vous creole?
I hope that enough fiberglass screen is in that container for several more roofs.
Cob and urbanite infill walls can come later as things settle down.   Hopefully before the next mud season.  There's lots to do.
________________________________

I determined that my posture, within
the community and before life, should be that of, in a humble way,
taking sides. I decided this when I saw so many honorable misfortunes,
lone victories and splendid defeats. In the midst of the arena of the
Americas’ struggles, I saw that my human task was none other then to
join the extensive forces of the organized masses of the people, to
join with life and soul, with suffering and hope, because it is only
from this great popular stream that the necessary changes can arise.
Pablo Neruda
"Towards the Splendid City" - 1971 Nobel Lecture