[Cob] Engineered Cob House Plans

Elizabeth Evans vesperlight at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 18:03:43 CST 2010

On the portland cement/stucco issue:

It might be worth your time to research what the federal government has on
the topic of restoring historic adobe buildings, either for parks or for the
nat'l historic register. I'm sorry I don't have links....but I KNOW  (having
read it online somewhere) that they are very particular about using
authentic materials wherever it is possible in restoring historic buildings
-- I believe I came across a recipe for milk paint on a parks website, for
instance.

If you can show that a lime/clay plaster is acceptable for use on US
government-maintained adobe buildings, it would go a long way to help your
case.

Just my 2 cents - hope it helps.

Elizabeth