[Cob] Name for Website

Janet Standeford janet.standeford at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 00:25:19 CST 2010

On 2/16/2010 9:59 PM, Dulane wrote:
> I must have missed something. Let me try to understand what you are doing.
> Are you trying to get all your information regarding permitted cob building
> all in one place? If so, your effort is commendable.

> Yes. But not just for Cob. For any natural building material.

My vision s to have a page per State and sub pages per County then
subpages under County that relate to alternative materials, one per page
with the option to add in info about the requirements of that County per
material.

ie:                                                             State of
                                                 County   Name
             Cob     Earthbag             Rammed Earth
      Cordwood          Strawbale
                                          Codes  Official contacts
Projects/Pics
> Try not to rock the Cob forum itself, tho. It is a tradition.
>

> Agreed! In fact anyone can link the Cob Forum to the site which has now been paid for. The last person I spoke with said it could take 3 days to be visible. Keep checking.
Here is the info on the script for our site:

    What is TikiWikiCmsGroupware?

TikiWiki CMS/Groupware is a full-featured, web-based, multilingual,
tightly integrated, all-in-one Wiki/CMS/Groupware, Free Source Software
(GNU/LGPL), using PHP, ADOdb and Smarty. It is actively developed by a
very large international community and is translated in over 30 languages.

TikiWiki can be used to create all sorts of Web applications, sites,
portals, intranets, and extranets. TikiWiki offers a very large number
of features "out-of-the-box", arguably more than any other Open Source
Web Application. Highly configurable & modular, all the features are
optional and administered via a web-based interface.

Major features include a robust wiki engine, articles, forums,
newsletters, blogs, a file/image gallery, bug & issue tracker, a links
directory, polls/surveys and quizzes, a FAQ, a banner management system,
a calendar, maps, Mobile Tiki (PDA and WAP access), RSS feeds, a
category system, a theme control center, a workflow engine, live
support, Shoutbox, an advanced user, group and permission system and more.